Terms & Conditions
1. By registering for the CRC conference, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
2. You may only register for this conference, if you have received an invitation from the conference organisers. Each participant will need to undergo a separate registration process.
3. Registration is open until September 1st, 2018, and is subject to availability.
4. Participants who have submitted an abstract can register as “Invited Speaker”. To register as an “Invited Speaker” you will need to provide the abstract number received upon abstract submission. This status has important implications for the reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs (see below). “Invited Speakers” will be expected to present a paper at the CRC conference.
5. “Mercator Fellows”, “Members of the Advisory Board”, and “Special Guests” of the CRC 1342 will have been notified of their “special status”, can register accordingly, and will not have to submit an abstract. This status has important implications for the reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs (see below).
6. Participants who have not submitted an abstract can register for the CRC conference as a “Visitor”. Costs for travel and accommodation will not be covered for participants registering as a “Visitor” (see below).
7. Cancellation of registration must be submitted via email and is valid only with the acknowledgement of receipt by the organisers (socialpolicydynamics [at] uni-bremen.de).
8. For Invited Speakers, Mercator Fellows, Members of the Advisory Board, and Special Guests:
Accommodation costs are covered for up to three nights (one person) in one of the three hotels listed. The number of nights will be determined upon registration (based on the dates of arrival and departure provided by the delegate). Rooms are available from 15:00h (on the day of arrival, earliest Oct. 24th, 2018) till 11:00h (on the day of departure, latest Oct. 27th, 2018), and can only be booked via the online registration platform and during the registration period until September 1st, 2018.
9. For Visitors:
Accommodation costs are not covered and “Visitors” will have to book accommodation for themselves.
Reimbursement of travel costs
10. For Invited Speakers, Mercator Fellows, Members of the Advisory Board, and Special Guests:
Travel costs can be reimbursed for economy class travel only. Participants will need to fill in the “Fee Arrangement Form”, which will be circulated at the CRC conference, and must provide original receipts/invoices. The return flight must be within 5 days after the conference. Travel costs can only be reimbursed, if you have participated in the conference.
11. For Visitors:
Travel costs are not reimbursed and “Visitors” will have to pay for their travels themselves.
Content & Data Protection
12. Personal information provided at registration will be used to facilitate your attendance at the CRC conference, and to provide you with information regarding the conference, including scheduling and logistics.
13. For the purpose of networking, contact details of registered delegates may be placed on an attendee list made available to all conference delegates.
14. In registering for the CRC conference you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself for material used in publications or press releases. This material may also appear on the website of the conference, the CRC 1342, and/or the University of Bremen.
15. Abstracts submitted will be included in the abstract book made available to all conference delegates, as a hard copy and/or via the CRC conference website (www.crc-conf-2018.de).
16. Content presented at the CRC conference is to be regarded as confidential. It is not be captured, transmitted or redistributed without gaining prior approval from the respective speaker.
17. Views expressed by speakers are their own.
18. The conference website may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owner for which the organisers take no responsibilities.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence, or the negligence of that party’s employees, agents or subcontractors;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
20. All participants are required to comply with the rules and regulations governing the applicable venue and/or accommodation.
21. Any liability for services and possible problems with the services lies exclusively with the provider of services. Participation in activities of the social programme is exclusively at one's own risk.
22. The organisers reserve the right to make alterations to the programme, time and/or venue. Reasonable endeavours will be used to alert all delegates.
23. The organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate, if the conference has to be postponed or cancelled due to force majeure.
24. The organisers may revise these terms. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms.
Place of Jurisdiction is Bremen, Germany.
Should you require clarification on any aspect of these Terms and Conditions please contact the CRC conference organisers at socialpolicydynamics [at] uni-bremen.de.
Last update: April 5th, 2018